Printing & Imaging
Speed, Quality, and Cost
In an office environment, MFP and printer reliability is the top concern for organizations since a reliable device helps minimize downtime, resulting in improved worker productivity.
With the cost to resolve a cyber-crime incident at $7.7 Million on average, unsecured printers on your network can be a risk.1
On March 24, 2016, a known, Black Hat Hacker, searched the internet for printers openly connected to the internet. He found 10’s of thousands of printers and pushed a file to many of them with hate messages. Today’s security features would have prevented this vulnerability.
1. Ponemon Institute, “2015 Global Cost of Cyber Crime Study”, Oct. 2015
Where to start? Start with defining what your printing needs are…
Your printing needs depend on a number of different factors. For example, what type of documents does your organization print, will you need color, how much floor space is available and are there any security requirements?
Having a fully defined picture of the type of printer your organization needs will allow you to select the right devices. You can include employees in this discussion to evaluate how and what they are printing. Before deciding on a printer, you should also assess your budget and include ongoing maintenance costs as well.
Questions to for you and your team consider:
- Do you know the average age of your print and imaging fleet?
- Are you aware of your cartridge consumption?
- Have you considered all the annual costs of your imaging and printing fleet, including IT support?
- How much of your IT budget is allocated for managing your printers and MFPs?
- Have you been looking for ways to reduce your energy costs?
- Do your users waste time with cumbersome document management processes? Could they use an MFP with efficient workflow features?
- Are you looking for a comprehensive security solution to help safeguard your devices and data?
- Do your users need secure mobile printing from a smartphone, tablet, or laptop?
Security is an ever-changing industry. In order to stay ahead of threats, you need to know the latest technology to reduce the risks of attacks, particularly through device end-points. Critical gaps can occur at multiple points within your imaging and printing environment.
With the embedded security features in today’s printer and MFP devices, a broad portfolio of security monitoring and compliance solutions, ABM Federal can help provide your organization the strategic foundation to assess, manage, and fortify security for your device, data and document.
User can misuse by sending information outside company and disable functions
Sensitive document files can be accessed, exposed, and misused
Specialty media can be stolen
Malicious attacks that can compromise and infect other devices on network
Network interface card
Any device on the network can be a point of entry
Today’s printers and MFPs are designed to help reduce risk, improve compliance, and protect your network from end to end with:
- Built-in encryption protects data stored on the hard drive; secure erase to safely remove sensitive information
- Secure disposal of devices at end of life removes data
- Disabled ports and protocols help prevent unauthorized access
- Administrative access controls protect device settings
- Embedded security features automatically detect and stop an attack