How we collect information
When you visit the ABM website, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you open an account, we collect the following types of information from you:
• Contact information – your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information.
• Financial information – we do not collect any financial information on line, we collect corporate banking information provided in writing by you for your company, organization or agencies. Before permitting you or your company to use our products and services, we may require you to provide additional information we can use to verify your identity or address or manage risk, such as a tax id number or other information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
When you are using our products and services, we collect information about your account transactions and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes.
We may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team.
When you access our website, ABM, or the companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called “cookies” on your computer.
We send a “session cookie” to your computer when you log in to our site. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
We also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display your e-mail address on our sign-in form.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person or company and can be used to identify that person or company. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been depersonalized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe experience. We may use your personal information to:
• provide the services and customer support you request
• process transactions and send notices about your transactions
• resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems
• prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Agreements
• customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website and forms
• send you targeted marketing, service update notices based on your communication preferences
• analyze information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How we share personal information with other ABM users
To process your orders and payments, we need to share some of your corporate information with the person or company that you are paying or is paying you. Your contact information, date of sign-up, the number of payments, and whether you have verified control of a bank account.
If you are buying goods or services and pay through ABM, we may also provide the seller with your billing information to help complete your transaction with the seller. The seller is not allowed to use this information to market their services to you unless you have agreed to it.
We will not disclose your banking and billing information to anyone you have paid or who has paid you through ABM, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
This website may use Google Analytics, which is a web site analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your device, to help Google analyze how users interact with the website. The information generated by the cookie about use of the website (including IP addresses) will be stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google may use this information for the purpose of evaluating use of the website, compiling reports on website activity, for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity.
ABM Federal Sales, Inc. © 2014, All Rights Reserved.